Any hold that prevents registration which is placed on a student account within the Coast Community College District (Coastline College, Golden West College or Orange Coast College) will prevent a student from the following:
It is the student's responsibility to clear holds in a timely manner. Holds for parking tickets, library fines/materials, equipment, returned checks etc. must be resolved with the department that placed the hold.
Holds Due to Enrollment Fees
Students who would like to pay an outstanding balance due to enrollment fees can do so via one of the following methods:
For current students: You may pay the fee balance via your MyCoast portal account using a Visa, Master Card or Discover Card. NOTE: It his highly recommended that students use Google Chrome as their browser when making payments on the student portal. Safari is not recommended.
- Log-in to your MyCoast portal.
- Click on Registration on the left navigation bar.
- Click on Pay My Fees under Registration Tools.
- Select the term to see fees due.
- Click on Pay Now.
- The payment portal will open. Click on Make Payment and follow the prompts.
- For former students: You may pay an outstanding fee balance by printing, completing and submitting the Credit Card Payment Authorization form. The form can be mailed to OCC or submitted in person* (we currently do not accept faxed and/or emailed submissions). The payment will be processed the next business day after the form is received. Holds will be released after the payment has successfully processed. If you need information about the amount owed please contact the Answer Center at 714 432-5072 during business hours.
For current AND former students:
- Checks and credit card payments using a Visa, Master Card or Discover Card are accepted in person in the Enrollment Center on the first floor of Watson Hall.***
- Cash payments are accepted in the Bursar's office located between Watson Hall and the Student Center.***
***Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update as of 01/26/21: For the safety and well-being of our community, the campus is temporarily closed until further notice. If you'd like to make a credit card payment over the phone during the campus closure, please contact Linda Tiger at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
The hold release process runs nightly and you will be able to add or drop classes after 5 am the next day. OCC does not manually release fee holds. Students are responsible for verifying that the add/drop was successful by printing a “Student Class Program/Web Schedule Bill”.
How can I drop a class if I have a hold on my account?
If you are attempting to “Drop” a class and cannot due to a hold you may mail a Student Course Withdrawal Form (postmarked by US Postmaster) by the withdrawal deadline date to:
Orange Coast College
PO Box 5005
Costa Mesa, CA 92628-5005
We recommend that you send your request via certified mail to ensure that it is postmarked by the deadline date.
What if I am unable to print and mail the request by the deadline?If you are unable to drop a class online or postmark a mailed request by the withdrawal deadline, you MUST send an email by the deadline date to email@example.com from your student email address (@student.cccd.edu) with the following information:
- Your Name
- Student ID number
- The course you are attempting to drop
- An explanation of why you cannot drop on MyCoast portal
We will contact you the next business day.