In the spirit of Associated Students of Orange Coast College motto, "Students Helping Students", they established an Emergency Loan program to assist students in need.
Any student who has paid the College Service Charge (CSC) can request a 30-day interest-free Emergency Loan up to $200.00 by completing the ASOCC Emergency Loan Application.
If you should have any questions, please contact the Student Life & Leadership Department at (714) 432-5730 or email@example.com.
- Currently 18 years of age or older
- Currently enrolled at Orange Coast College
- College Service Charge (CSC) for the current term must be paid
- Student must have a verifiable means of repaying the loan
- No current conduct-related holds on your student record
- Not currently or previously delinquent on any Emergency Loan
- Loan must be repaid by the due date stipulated in the email from the Student Life & Leadership Department.
- Loans must be repaid in the OCC Bursar's Office.
- If loan is not paid in full by due date, within 24 hour a hold will be placed on the students record within the Coast Community College District.
- If loan is not paid in full by due date and collection must be made, within 10 business days cost of collection plus court fees will be added to the unpaid balance in the amount of $25.00.
- If collections must be made, the account will be handled by a third party who will contact the student. This process will negatively affect the student's credit score.
- If the student withdraws from OCC, repayment is due, in full, on the date of withdrawal.
- A loan will be considered delinquent if not paid on or before the due date. If you need an extension on this loan, you must contact the Student Life & Leadership Department at (714) 432-5730 before the due date.
After you have submitted your application, the following steps will take place:
- The Student Life & Leadership Department will contact the applicant to verify the information submitted.
- It will take 7-10 business days to receive the funds.
- Please do not contact the Bursar's Office prior.
- The Student Life & Leadership Department will contact the applicant via email when the check has been mailed.
Emergency Loan Extensions
If you have an existing emergency loan and need to request and extension, please complete an Emergency Loan Extension Request Form prior to your assigned loan deadline. If you have questions about your deadline or have questions regarding the extension process, please contact the Student Life & Leadership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 432-5730.