Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Student Services > Veterans > Students > Using Benefits > Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance

Active military students should consult with their Education Officer if they are interested in using Tuition Assistance. Students are required to submit a TA Authorization form to OCC's School Certifying Official once their courses have been approved.



Returns of unearned funds are made in compliance with existing DoD regulations. Unless specified otherwise by a contract, if a student stops attending during the first 10% of the course, they will not be obligated for tuition/fees and their TA will not be billed. If a student stops attending after 10% but before 60% of the course has passed, and TA was used, the college will return to the government 10% of the total tuition paid by TA. The student will be obligated to pay OCC for the amount refunded to the government. If a student withdraws due to a military service obligation, proof of the obligation must be submitted to Veterans Services so that the student and military can be granted a full refund of fees (subject to review). If a student cancels Tuition Assistance but remains in the course after the first 10%, then he or she becomes financially obligated for all tuition/fees due to OCC.


Please contact Veterans Services at 714-432-0202 ext. 25836 for more information.​​