When to Apply
Anytime! The Student Success Center hires tutors throughout the semester based on student demand. If there is no current need for the subject you want to tutor, you are still encouraged to fill out an application. There may be a need for your subject later in the semester.
How to Apply
Click on the tutor application below.
Starting Fall 2020, tutoring services will be offered entirely online. All new tutors will need a reliable internet connection, a computer, laptop, or tablet with a working camera, and some knowledge of Google Drive, Zoom, and internet search engines. All new hires will be asked to sign a remote work plan with the district.
- B or A in classes to be tutored
- Recommendation from instructor for each subject area
- Copy of transcripts (unofficial)
- Excellent communication skills
- Approval of SSC Coordinator
- If hired, peer tutors must complete a tutor training class (Tut 150)
Why to Apply
- Friendly working environments
- Great work experience
- Satisfaction of helping students
- Reinforces knowledge of subject
- Teaching experience & opportunity to review material
- Develop job skills that can be listed on your resume
- Receive training in communication skills, study skills, and group dynamics